What is Dot Net Framework Architecture
In this .net framework tutorial, I will explain .net framework, main components of .net framework and net framework architecture and its features.
What is .Net Framework?
The dotnet framework is a new platform or software development environment developed by Microsoft Corporation for developing, deploying applications and services.
|what is .net framework definition|
There are following .net framework major components :-
- Common Language Runtime (CLR) :- A run time environment responsible for manage code execution, memory management, thread management. Enforce strict type safety and other forms of code accuracy that promote security and robustness.
- .Net framework Class Library (FCL):- The .net class library is a comprehensive object oriented collection of reusable types that you can use ti develop applications.
.Net Platform ArchitectureThe following illustration shows the relationship of the common language runtime and the class library to your applications and to the overall system. The illustration also shows how managed code operates within a larger architecture.
|dot net framework architecture|
Advantages of .Net Framework
There are following benefits of using .net framework :-
- Managed Code & Consistent Programming Model
- Cross Language Operation
- The Class Library
- Common Language Infrastructure
- Common Type System
- Common Language Specification
- Virtual Execution System
- Common Type System
- Common Intermediate Language
- Common Language Runtime
- Running an Application
In this article, I discussed about net framework basics, benefits of the .net framework, main components of .net framework. I hope that this article would have helped you in understanding .Net Framework and have built a simple and clear understanding of .Net.
Your feedback and constructive contributions are welcome. Please feel free to contact me for feedback or comments you may have about this article.
What is Dot Net Framework Architecture Reviewed by Ravi Kumar on 11:35:00 PM Rating: