What is PostgreSql? - An Introduction
Database - What is PostgreSQL?
PostgreSQL is an Object-Relational Database Management System (ORDBMS). It works on many platforms including Linux, FreeBSD, Solaris, Microsoft Windows and Mac OS X. It's an Open-Source database and offers many modern features like :
- Complex queries- foreign keys- Triggers
- Updatable views
- Transactional integrity
- Multiversion concurrency control
- Data types
- Aggregate functions
- Index methods
- Procedural languages
- Regular expressions
- Full, inner, and outer joins
- Wide variety of data types including unlimited length text, IPv4 and IPv6 addresses, arrays, and XML
PostgreSQL has the following standard features:-
Aggregate Functions, Aalytical, Functions, Array, Constraints, Cursor, DataType, Database, Date ,Timezone, Index, Inheritance, Insert Delete Update, Math Functions, Select Query, Sequence, Store Procedure Function, String Functions, Subquery, Table, Table Joins, Transaction, User Previliege, View.
- For more information visit http://www.postgresql.org/
- To download postgreSQL visit http://www.postgresql.org/download/
- For PostgreSQL examples (example source code) visit http://www.java2s.com/Code/PostgreSQL/CatalogPostgreSQL.htm
Note:- PostgreSQL can be used, modified, and distributed by anyone free of charge for any purpose, be it private, commercial, or academic.