Why Use jQuery over Ajax Control Toolkit
Difference Between jQuery and Ajax ToolkitIn this jQuery blog post, I will show what is the difference between Microsoft Ajax Control Toolkit vs jQuery and why use jQuery instead.
- Related article jQuery Tutorial for Beginners with Example
Now a days we use jQuery more often compare to Ajax control toolkit. Here we will see why we use jQuery instead of Ajax Toolkit, some of the key reasons are following:-
|Ajax toolkit vs jQuery|
- jQuery is Open Source
- jQuery is light weight, means its smaller in size and don't increase page size when load, hence page will load faster compare to page which are using asp.net ajax controls.
- jQuery script file is cache-able, most of the modern browser do cache of script, Css and image files, which means jQuery script file is downloaded only ones when page is loaded for the first time, all subsequent calls to page using jQuery doesn't need to download it again and again.
- jQuery can run on any Html page, while Ajax control toolkit runs on asp.net web page.
- jQuery is not only used for Ajax, jQuery can be used for giving effects to your website like CSS changing or pop-up flashing and much more effects, which is not easily available with ajax controls.