How to create a .MAP file from MapInfo .TAB file dataset? - Quantum GIS
In my previous articles I explained What is about Map File? - Map Server, ASP.Net - Openlayers Architecture, About WMS - Web Map Server. In this post I will explain how to create MAP file for MapInfo .TAB file data. Follow the steps below and make sure the QGIS 1.7.4 tool installed on your machine.
How to create a .Map File - QGIS
- Step1: Run QGIS 1.7.4
- Step2: Click on Add vector layer.
- Step3: Source -> browse Dataset- select a .tab file and open it.
After open the Dataset:
- Step4: Go to Setting -> Click on Project Property -> select a coordinate reference system from the list : WGS 84 -> click ok.
- Step5: Go to Layer -> click on property-> Click on old symbology -> OK
- Step6: Before creating a Map file just save the project.
- Step7: Go to Plugins -> Map server export -> Click on Map server export
Configure Map File:
- Step8: Set the Map name, select image type .png, width, unit- click Ok
- Step9: After that open map file and remove fontset and symbol set.
- Step10: Set your localhost url 'ows_onlineresource' 'http://localhost:802/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=C:/Users/lepton/Desktop/My Docs/Development/GIS Testing/Delhi_State_Locality.map'
- Step11: Add 'ows_enable_request' '*' to enable all features.
- Step12: Now change the DATA './Delhi/DL_LOCALITY.TAB' to CONNECTIONTYPE OGR CONNECTION "C:/Users/lepton/Desktop/My Docs/Development/GIS Testing/Delhi/DL_STATE.TAB"
Now check your url in browser http://localhost:808/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?MAP=C:/Users/lepton/Desktop/My Docs/Development/GIS Testing/Delhi_State_Boundary_.map&LAYERS=ALL&MODE=MAP
Click here to download the sample .MAP file ..
How to create a .MAP file from MapInfo .TAB file dataset? - Quantum GIS Reviewed by Ravi Kumar on 2:56:00 PM Rating: