What is the purpose of a code review?
Why Code Review?
Code review (often known as peer review) is systematic examination of source code written in programming language by a software developer. Code review dramatically helps in the quality of products. In this article I will explain about what are the importance of source code review :-
|Code Review Process|
- Finding Bugs Early: when they are cheap to fix.
- Coding Standards Compliance: Code review helps to maintain consistent coding style across the company.
- Teaching and Sharing Knowledge: During review team members gain better understanding of the code base and learn from each other.
- Consistent Design and Implementation: Peer review helps to maintain a level of consistency in software design and implementation.
- Higher Software Security: Applications that require a high level of security benefit from targeted security reviews.
- Team Cohesion: Review discussions save team members from isolation and bring them closer to each other.
- Confidence of Stakeholders: You build confidence of stakeholders about the technical quality of the execution.
- Improve Manage Code Performance: It leads better code practices, removing unnecessary code, and improving readability.
- Improve Quality: when they are cheap to fix
I hope you will enjoy the importance of using code review to improve quality. I would like to have feedback from my blog readers. Your valuable feedback, question, or comments about this article are always welcome.
Also If you like this article, don't forget to share this article with your friends and colleagues.
What is the purpose of a code review? Reviewed by Ravi Kumar on 11:21:00 PM Rating: