Precautions for Swine Flu - H1N1 Influenza Virus
What is Swine Flu?
Swine flu is an infection caused by a virus. The virus is contagious and can spread from human to human. Swine flu is also known as swine influenza, hog flu and pig flu.
Symptoms of Swine Flu in people are Fever, Cough, Sore Throat, Runny or Stuffy Nose, Difficulty in breathing. Other symptoms may include like Body aches, Headache, Fatigue, Chills, Diarrhea, Vomiting, Blood in sputum. The H1N1 influenza virus has resurfaced in cities like Delhi.
|Swine Flue Alert|
People with certain chronic medical conditions, adults 65 years or older, children younger than 5 years old and pregnant women may be at higher risk for severe illness.
By considering the swine flu spread, here are some safety tips and precautions :-
- Cover your mouth and nose with a handkerchief or tissue when you cough or sneeze.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water or use an alcohol based hand gel.
- Please make use of hand sanitizers kept in hand wash areas.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth.
- Avoid crowded places
- Keep at least an arm’s distance from people affected with symptoms of influenza like cough, running nose, sneezing and fever.
- Stay at home if infected with flu like illness
- Sleep well, stay physically active and effectively manage stress.
- Drink plenty of water and eat nutritious food
- Shake hands or hug in greeting
- Spit outdoors
- Take medicines without consulting a physician
- Aspirin not to be used in children.
IF YOU THINK YOU HAVE H1N1 FLU:
- Visit the nearest H1N1 Screening Centre.
- Stay at home, if advised by the doctor. Do not travel.
- Avoid close contact with others for 7 days after your symptoms begin or until you have been symptom-free for 24 hours whichever is longer.
- Report to nearest identified health facility if symptoms aggravate (high fever, difficulty in breathing, blue colour of the skin or lips, blood in sputum or altered behaviour. Small children may be irritable, do not take fluids and refuse to accept feeds.
I hope you will keep the health tip while suffering from swine-flu Diseases & Conditions or H1N1 Influenza Symptoms. I would like to have feedback from my blog readers. Your valuable feedback, question, or comments about this article are always welcome.
Also If you like this article, don't forget to share this article with your friends and colleagues.